(Last updated 10 July 2017)
If you are interested in working or studying with me, consult the information about me on this site, and contact me with a description of your research interests.
To see some of the PhD projects that I’m currently advertising, visit my list of PhD projects.
If you’re interested in doing a Masters degree, we have a MSc in Network Security at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh.
View the following to learn more about studying at Heriot-Watt University.
- Salih Ismail (PhD student): “Security and privacy of cloud computing”
Supervisors: Hani Ragab, Mike Just, Hind Zantout
- Katie Watson (PhD student): “Secure and usable payment systems for mobile devices”
Supervisors: Lynne Baillie, Mike Just, Jacki O’Neill (Microsoft Research)
- Esma Lounes (PhD student): “Behaviour-based malware detection with machine learning”
Supervisors: Mike Just, Nick Taylor
- Dr. Muhammad Adnan. Currently RF at University of Leeds, working with Roy Ruddle.
PhD topic: “Improving the work practices of network security professionals by developing a usable visual analytics tool”
PhD supervisors (2013-2016): Mike Just, Lynne Baillie
Dr. Ahmed Saeed. Currently Assistant Professor at COMSATS Institue of Information Technology, Lahore.
PhD topic: “Security-aware communication in multi-core architectures”
PhD supervisors (2013-2016): Ali Ahmadinia, Mike Just.
- Dr. Nicholas Micallef. Currently Postdoc at Australian Centre for Cyber Security.
PhD topic: “Evaluating the usability of ambient profiles for context-sensitive authentication on smartphones”
PhD supervisors (2011-2015): Mike Just, Lynne Baillie and Gunes Kayacik
- Dr. Gunes Kayacik. Currently Research Scientist at Qualcomm Research Silicon Valley.
Research topic: “Active Behaviour Demands Active Security: New Approaches to Mobile Device Security”
Supervisors of Marie Curie Fellowship (2012-2014): Mike Just, Lynne Baillie, David Aspinall